The Certosa di San Lorenzo at Padula is the second largest Carthusian Monastery in
Italy (the largest being in Parma). It was first founded in 1306. It has 320 rooms
and halls and has the worlds largest cloister, which is 3 acres and has 84 columns
surrounding it. It is situated about 45 minutes by car away from Santa Marina.